Friday, October 19, 2012

October 7 - October 13, 2012

So usually I write from our family, but today is just from me and to my wonderful husband.  A year ago this week, I married my best friend.  On October 11th, I didn't realize at the time what an amazing gift I was getting, but I sure have gotten a glimpse over the past year of what a lifetime of pure happiness and bliss really is.  It is hard to imagine what life was like before him or what life would be like without him.  He knows my emotions inside and out and can finish my sentences before I do.  Growing up, I never thought I would find someone as special as him, but I know I am blessed each and every day for the sheer coincidences that put us together.  My hope is that everyone finds someone to love and that loves them back as my husband does for me.  I often find myself sitting and wondering how did I get so lucky?  How did I end up with someone who vacuums the house without ever having to be asked?  Who washes and puts the dishes away just because I was tired?  Who goes out and buys things for me that I don't have time to?  Who makes me dinner because I am too busy with homework?  Who carries me to bed because I fell asleep on the couch?  Who takes me across the country to New York City, and lets me see the world?  Who loves me unconditionally, even when I am grumpy and emotional?  And then I often find myself wondering if I do the same for him?  He never asks for a 'Thank You' and always puts my needs first, and often times I think.... if there was a book about perfect husbands, they should write it about Jordon.  They say the first year is the hardest, well we both hope that life only gets better then.  I woke up early on our Anniversary to leave a little gift out for Jordon, it was a watch.  I was in the bathroom getting ready when Jordon came around the corner with a little gift and smiled.  I looked over, and it was a watch for me as well.  My heart was so filled with joy as my watch was stolen earlier this year at work.  I was devastated, as Jordon had bought me that watch as well.  We both had no idea what each other was getting the other. What we learned is that although we didn't get each other the traditional gift of paper;  we have learned to think alike over the past year.  Jordon took me to dinner up at Sundance, which was absolutely amazing as always.  We walked around for a while up there, and reminisced about what we were doing the previous year.  It was funny because we ended up leaving around 8 pm, which is the same time we left from our wedding the previous year.  Then we came home and had our cake, which was more delicious than I remember it tasting the first time.  I couldn't believe that it lasted a year, but Rebecca sure knows the secret to storing cakes!  Our day was much quieter this year than last, but our love is so much stronger, and I wouldn't trade that for another wedding day!  I was a little sad that I couldn't fit in my dress, but I know that baby boy is big, and I will fit in it again someday soon.  He is now 33 weeks along, and as big as durian (which I am not sure what that is).  Jordon went and got him a mattress this week, so he has a place to sleep.  See what I mean about him doing nice things just because.  The weather has been so nice this week that we turned the heater on, and then turned it off again.  Jordon even said that he wished it was this warm on our wedding day last year.  We finally got some pumpkins for our front porch, so I can show off to my neighbors my husband's amazing carving skills, and I can't wait!  I never take for granted the days that I get to spend with my husband, but over the next year I hope to say "thank you" and " I love you"  a few more times.  My life is more enriched every day and I am a better person because of him.  I never thought that I could love him more than the day we got married... not true.  I love him more each and every day of our lives.  He is my best friend...and forever My Love.  

Xoxo, Britt

Our pumpkins... get a carvin' Love!

Neighbor gifts

My pumpkin cookies

His card

Inside

The envelope on the front had my favorite memory from the past year

His gift

All ready for him to open

Jordon's amazing painting is finally finished!  Just in time for Halloween.

Could we have done any better for ourselves?

The cake!

Jordon cut the cake.

Oh, how big am I?  33 weeks!

We decided to take a picture to remember the day

Why Bella always has scary eyes, I am not sure... but we love her!
Now to catch you all up again, some pictures from this past summer...
This was the card that we gave our families when we found out it was a boy!

inside the card


Oh baby, it's a boy!
The whole ensemble!

Just one of our many friends that visits us regularly... the bad part is, Bella isn't scared of them... not even one bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment