Thursday, October 11, 2012

September 30 - October 6, 2012


Well, we are at week 32 and baby is as big as a squash, which only makes sense for the lovely fall weather.  I think that I am pretty hilarious, as I ate squash on Sunday with the Petersen's after a lovely fast Sunday at church.  I also was able to do some water coloring with Reece, who is quite the artist! She told me that she is going to be a princess for Halloween, and I told her that I was going to be a big fat pumpkin!  Other big baby news is that I went to see Dr. Thackeray again this week.  He measured me and said that everything is going great.  It has been the only appointment that Jordon has missed, and it kinda made me sad to be there alone.  He has been such a supporter over all of this pregnancy and I really appreciate it.  I was also able to put a coat of stain on the baby's dresser, which is looking nice.  We keep getting little baby gifts from all of our family and friends and we sure appreciate each and every one of them.  We also had our last baby class this week, and I think both Jordon and I are grateful to be finished as some of those people are sure weird.  But, the information is nice to know as we feel much more prepared to have a baby now.  After the baby class Jordon looked at me and said, boy our lives have changed in a year.  Little did we know that a year ago we would be having a baby now!  I can't believe how far we have come in a year myself.  Work has been pretty boring, but I am just counting down the weeks until I can take maternity leave.  I had my nurse residency class again this week, which is quite horrible if you ask me.  I think if you have critical thinking skills that they should let you off from having to take that class.  I told Jordon that I am just going to shut my mouth and get through a few more weeks of it.   Jordon said that work was pretty slow as well, but he did get to have some fun on his days off.  He has been working on finishing the frame for his skull painting as well as carving a few more pumpkins.  Reece said that she wanted a pumpkin that said her name, so Jordon had her write her name on the pumpkin, and he carved it.  Then he showed it to her and said, "now what does that say?"  She replied, "R-E-E-C-E... it says PUMPKIN!".  We all just laughed.  Other big news is that Sable came home from Iceland, Scotland, and England this week.  She is sure a traveler, and while we haven't had the chance to talk with her yet, we did get to see a few pictures, which look amazing!  Other than work, it is October, so I put up our Halloween decorations, and made a new banner for our mantle.  It didn't take me long at all, and after finding double sided iron on adhesive at Joann's, I have many more crafts in mind.  The letters aren't made out of fabric, they're paper... which was cause for a fire, but I tried it anyways figuring that I live with a firefighter.  That painting is a husband original. He made it for especially for me. Saturday I watched General Conference while Jordon was at work as well as went to Xpedx with Rebecca.  We sure love those little bags that they have.  Good thing we can buy them in bulk!  Saturday evening was my friend Melissa's wedding.  She sure looked lovely, and I liked the fact that the wedding venue was close to our house, so I got home pretty quick after the affair.  Our little family wishes Dan and Melissa many years of happiness! Speaking of our little family, our little bunny is picking up on her name as 'Bunny'.  She keeps going in the closet in the office, which is the current home of my wedding dress, so needless to say, I don't want her in there.  Now when I say, "Bunny", she quickly hops out of the closet and comes to me.  Either she is scared of me, or she is learning her name.  Either way, I am glad to see her out of my dress!  The weather has gotten mighty cold this week, and before we know it we will probably have snow.  Guess that's what we get for living in the mountains, even if we love our little house.
Our Fall Mantle
 
Have a great week everyone, and enjoy the fall weather
Xoxo Britt
 
Our Dining Room

My husbands painting for me... it's so gross!

Our new stroller

Reece's Pumpkins, Porter carved the one on the left
Our Mantle



Buttons and Pumpkins!

Love little pumpkins with 'hair'

Melissa and Dan's wedding card

Inside Melissa and Dan's Wedding Card

Their gift.  Their colors were blues and purples.


And now a few pictures to catch you up on our squirrel adventure...
The night my husband found the squirrel

Bella was so nice to the squirrel

It loved to just be held
My love, has such a tender heart

The squirrel's home, in our home.
"Where there's a place in the home, there's a place in the heart"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment