Tuesday, October 2, 2012

September 23 - 29 , 2012

So, it is officially my absolute favorite time of the year, as we celebrated the first day of fall.  I love the smells, pumpkins, the leaves, the crisp air, hooded jackets, hot apple cider, Halloween, mittens, and everything about the fall.  Sometimes I wish it could be fall all year through, but then I don't think I would enjoy it as much every year when it comes around. The leaves have been changing for a while up at our house.  Now that it is officially fall, the leaves are sure vibrant as ever.  I love our house, our view, and my darling husband for making it all happen.   Along with the fall has come a few new critters.  First, the turkeys are back!  Just in time for Thanksgiving!  I don't want to eat one of them, but they are pretty funny to watch.  Then, we have a lot of Elk and Deer.  Not a day goes by that I don't see a deer, but the elk are new.  Last, Jordon and I have heard a lot of coyotes.  We have yet to see one, but I am pretty sure that is because the time of the day that they are around.  Either way, it sure is fun to live in the mountains.  This week we had a game at our baby class, and while Jordon wasn't able to make it, they played mothers against fathers.  The mothers won, but they said it was only because we had more people.  Next week will be our last class, which means that we are getting close to baby boy coming.  We are now 31 weeks along, and baby is as big as a pineapple.  I bought a pineapple, and couldn't believe that baby is that big!  Also other good baby news is that I turned this little KSL junker find into a great new dresser/changing table for our baby boy.  Jordon couldn't believe that I made it, but after a day and a half at the Boyer's house, and two trips to Lowes, I made it.  I plan to stain it next week, it is going to be awesome!  I am so thrilled with my end product I could almost jump for joy.  I sure love that nail gun that the Petersen's got us last year for Christmas.  If I knew that I would enjoy it as much as I did with this project I would have been using it all year.  Work has been a bit slow, but nurse residency started this week.  We sit in class all day and learn about Primary Children's.  At least they fed us breakfast this week.  My official nursing license came this week as well, which means I am a officially an RN.  Jordon had a few busy days at work, but then got to go down to Lake Powell with his fire buddies and enjoy some "guy time".  I am glad that he got to go and have a few days of fun away from me, although I sure missed him.  Saturday was spent crafting as Jordon worked on his painting and I worked on my quilt.  Then Saturday evening, we went over to the Petersen's for dinner and pumpkin pickin'.  They have a neighbor who grows pumpkins in his field, and then sells them (super cheap might I add) out of his front yard.  He always has the best pick and such a variety.  I got me a cute little round one so I can start putting up my Halloween decorations.  Jordon and I helped Reece pick out about seven for her family and after we paid she said, "Now Jordy, take them to the car!"  Jordon then helped Reece carve two of them.  It never ceases to amaze me every year how talented my husband is with pumpkin carving.  I almost want him to carve a billion so I can showcase them on my front porch for the whole neighborhood to see.  He said that the two he did with Reece was amateur work, but I still think they are adorable.  Hopefully we will get to carve some more next week!   

xoxo, Britt
The cute pumpkins!

Turkeys!

Turkeys

Little Elk in the middle of the screen

We love our view

The beginning of a project, Bella came along of course.

The KSL find

Fall hillside from a few weeks ago

Fall hillside from a few weeks ago
 
And now to recap things that might have gotten missed... Jordon and Sable hiked Timpanogos Mountain... and they did awesome!  So here is a few from their hike
Big Horn sheep... not in our backyard




They made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment