Saturday, February 18, 2012

Monster Love, Home Sweet Home, and Lovely Belts

So... it's been two weeks, and I am a bad blogger, but.... I promise to blog next Friday.  I have been so super busy that I just haven't had time to blog lately.  With being sick and school and....dum da da dum.... closing on our house :) (huge smile)  we have been so busy!  So... here's how the past few weeks have been. 
I am finishing up my psychiatry clinical rotations, and still loving work each and every day.  I am getting a bit nervous about my capstone experience, but know that it will be absolutely amazing.  I have been super busy with homework, which has left me very little craft time :(  breaks my heart!  But I know that going to school is very important. 
Valentine's Day was this week, and Jordon made it extra special.  First, we got up really early and went to the gym together (we're romantic, I know) and then he went to the Library to do homework, while I set him up a little surprise.  When he cam home, he brought me flowers (such a sweet guy!) and then we went out to lunch at Mimi's Cafe.  I love their french onion soup!  Everyone should really try it!  After that he took me to see The Vow, which was a bit of a let-down for a romantic movie.  But, alas, Channing Tatum was in it, so I didn't really care what the movie was about as long as I got to stare at gorgeous Channing for a few hours! (Jordon knows that I have a huge crush on him)  Then we headed up to Snowbird for some swimming and hot-tubing fun at the Cliff Lodge.  The pool and hot tub are outside, so it's fun to go up and swim while it is snowing outside.... kinda magical.  All in all, the day was so nice.
Jordon has been very busy between work and school.  He seems to never be home!  But, we both like being busy, so I know that he is doing just fine.  He is working on his Master's Degree and loves to learn.  The other night he was reading a book about addiction, and I was really quite interested in it.  Hopefully someday, he will pass his knowledge onto me.
Finally.... We signed for our new home on Friday, February 17th, 2012!  We are in heaven to be done with the bank and all of the papers.  I am so happy to have a home where I can live with my handsome Husband and lovable puppy!  Jordon did a really good job of making my Christmas, Valentines, Birthday, New Years, and Anniversary dream come true!  I guess he doesn't have to get me any more gifts this year!  I am so very thankful for my husband.  He is me best friend, and certainly the better half of my heart.  He tries each and every day to make me happy, and he goes above and beyond happy most days.  Thank You My Love, for our beautiful Home.  I will post pictures as soon as we take some.
Here is my Love's Valentine's Day Card... He didn't really get how I tried to convey { Eye Love You} as an eyeball on a monster, the monster's Valentine, and a letter U, but he certainly liked the card... and so did I. 


His sweet present ( a sweatshirt, from his wifey).

Jordon's Monster Card {Eye, Love....

...U}

My Life, My Love :)
I also would like to keep on track with adding a little craft that went with our Wedding.  This week I am going to showcase my cute sister's belts.  Nikki's belt was handmade by moi, and Ashley's belt was made by some very talented person on Etsy.  They both looked so amazing on our Wedding day.  I am so lucky to have both of these girls in my life.  I am not sure what I would do without them most days.  They let me call them up anytime of the day or night and I am so thankful for thier strength and encouragement in my life.  I hope that I can be half of the people that they say I am.  Nikki's belt was made using various soft fabrics (tulle, chenille, satin) and beads of various types.  I was able to get the fabric at Joann's and the beads at Roberts ... I am still so sad that they closed thier doors.  I made the curled edges using a lighter and melted the edges of the fabric a bit.  I was so happy when Nikki asked me to make her a belt.  Ashley asked me as well, but I was just so busy, and she found an amazing belt for super cheap, so I was thrilled for her! Again, all photos are courtsey of Kirstin Roper.
Nikki's Belt

Nikki on the left, Ashley on the Right with thier bracelets.

I love Nikki's face in this one.
 




Beautiful Ashley in the Mirror.

Oh, my gorgeous sisters!

Nikki

Such a model.

Ashley

How Gorgeous.

The ceremony

The Ceremony


Look at those cute belts!


My adorable family!




No comments:

Post a Comment