Friday, February 3, 2012

February beginnings

This week has been full of ups and downs with all sorts of adventures in between.  First off, I can't believe that it is already February!  It started off with me getting very sick... I think I had another kidney stone.  Monday I didn't feel well at all and had to leave clinicals and go home to sleep all day!  But, alas, the week has gotten better as the days have gone by.  School is getting busier and busier.  I counted yesterday, and I only have 24 weeks left... holy cow! Jordon is busy working on his schooling as well.  He has worked down at the Cirque Lodge a few times this week as well.  He seems to really enjoy working with that population.  I have always admired that he has such a soft spot in his heart for recovering addicts.  The house plans are moving right along.  The appraiser went out on Tuesday and got all of his things done.  We are set to close on the 14th of February!  What a great Valentines gift!  I couldn't have asked for anything better.  It is getting so close now, and I am really beginning to get super excited.  I wil post some pictures of our humble abode as soon as I can.  I was able to go and visit my family this week, and they are all doing well.  We had dinner, and I missed out on my little sisters super Heath Cheesecake, because I left early.  Next time Nikki... I promise.  During the holiday season, we had a "secret santa" gift exchange at work.  My little santa was super adorable,and wrapped my presents so nicely.  She gives Martha Stewart a run for her money, and I could also use some pointers :) So, I wanted to give her a huge THANK YOU, but I haven't had time, so I got around to it this week, and since Christmas was over, I went with a little more of a spring theme.  Enjoy!


The front... pink and oranges with ivory

The Inside... with a few buttons

All tied up!

Oh How I love Bows!  Mixing ribbons is so much fun!

I have also decided that I need to start posting about my wedding crafts, since so many people have asked about them, so each week, I am going to throw in a few pictures of what I made for my wedding.  So, it would only be fair to make the first post focused around something that I fell in love with from the beginning, and made thousands of for my wedding....my favorite..... little wooden BUTTONS!  We made a billion of these, and tied them to everything!  Most of the credit goes to my fabulous in-laws on this project as well as my adorable Husband.  I got the idea when I was surfing a craft website one day that showed how to make them from wooden dowels and sticks.  I knew immediatley, that with my rustic wedding, I had to have these little gems.  So, away we went cutting up sticks, and drilling holes, sanding down the sides, and even putting a layer of laquer on them so they shined.  Then we tied them, glued them, and crafted them onto anything and everything to do with my wedding!  Just a little note.... credit needs to be given to my fabulous photographer for the following photos... Kirstin Roper.  She did an amazing job at capturing all of the little details that went into my wedding.  Please do not take these photos without contacting her.  Thank You.

So we started off with the invitations.  Each one had a little button tied to it.

Invitation


The napkins had buttons tied to them thanks to my friends who came out the night before as well as the menu's for dinner.

The groom's sign thanks to my lovely Mother-in-Law.

The bride's sign thanks to my lovely Mother-in-Law.

All of our line's flowers had buttons tied to them thanks to Flower Patch.

Every bouquet had buttons tied to it thanks to Flower Patch

My bouquet.  I just loved how it turned out!


This is a funny story.... so one day Jordon's mom was drilling the buttons and he picked one up and said, that's not a button, that's a Monkey!  (because of the way the holes were drilled, they looked like eyes).  So, we found another that looked like a monkey as well, and my fabulous Mother-in-Law framed them for us.  They now sit in our apartment on my favorite shelf, as our "Monkey Buttons".  The bottom one is me and the top one is Jordon.

My Handsome Husband.  doesn't this remind you of an ad in a magazine?

Our handsome Ring Bearer Porter... with his buttons!

This is Reece... our Flower Girl

Flower Patch tied the buttons to her head wreath

I think it turned out fabulous!

She was absoutley adorable, and stole she show!
She loved the head wreath as well, and wore it all night!

The programs for our ceremony and the list of events.  Jordon helped me tie these ones on... he did such a good job!

My supermodel sister Nicole... with her lovely button bouquet.

My other supermodel sister Ashley.... with her button bouquet.

My photogenic brother-in-law Stone.

Gotta love those little buttons... they just look so adorable!




Jordon's boutineer.

Oh, how sweet...

Me,... being well.... I don't know, but the buttons are so cute!

Love those buttons!




And finally, Buttons on Jordon's sign that his Mom made him, because of his tee-shirt that he designed, fitted with little dangling buttons in the corners.  He loved the sign, I loved that Rebecca did such a great job and the fact that he is smiling in this photo!
 Most of the buttons for our wedding were tied on with twine, hemp, or ribbon.... pretty much anything that looked rustic.  Well, since the wedding, I have become addicted to these little gems.  Including them in all of my thank you cards as well from the wedding.. (pictures to come).  Jordon is getting a little annoyed with the buttons, but I think they are just fab!  If anyone wants to know what to get me, it is a drill, a stick, and a circular saw... with a tiny bit of laquer.  Pure Rustic Button Bliss.  Oh, by the way.... just a few stats for you... each button has to be handled five times before it found it's final resting place.... and we have used over 3,000 buttons... this means that someone has handled buttons for our wedding over 15,000 times..... and that right there folks is pure love!  I cannot place a dollar amount on the time spent on DIY projects for my wedding, but if you can only imagine over 15,000 little pieces of people's hearts that they gave... absolutley incredible and we are so blessed!

xoxo Britt

2 comments: