Friday, February 24, 2012

Moving on up and out!

Another week has come and  gone, and we are busy as every packing up and moving on out.  Jordon got all of his stuff moved this past week (well his three boxes) and I, well.... I have a few things moved, but it's difficult because I want to keep crafting, and I don't want to pack everything up and move it somewhere where I won't see it for a while.  So, as usual, I will probably pack everything up except my crafts, and save them for last!  Bella likes to help me move my stuff, which can be a little bit tricky sometimes.  She always likes to get in the car first, so that she knows I will leave a spot for her.  The other day, she jump right on in when I opened the door, but she didn't look to see what she was getting herself into.  She got tangled in a chair, and wouldn't get out.  After about ten minutes, we finally coaxed her out.  She was afraid if she got out of the car that I wouldn't take her with me.

Disregard the filthy car :)
The new house is so beautiful, and they moved the "for sale" sign that was out front, so now I feel like it's "our home".  I am loving every second of it!  No pictures for now, but I am working on it!
School was a bit busier than usual this week, as I picked my capstone location.  The Capstone instructor at the U of U said that I should be somewhere busy and that will improve my educational experience.  While I love pediatrics, I sure wanted to do something that would keep me on my toes.  I wasn't able to do my capstone where I currently work in the PICU/CICU at PCMC, so instead I picked Shock Trauma ICU at IMC, the Thoracic ICU at IMC and the NICU at PCMC, so, we will see what I get.  It is a big surprise!  This was also my last week of clinicals for psychiatric rotations.  I will miss this rotation as I have learned a lot about myself during this time.  I really enjoyed the experiences that I received while on this unit.
Jordon is busy as ever, he is going to run a race tomorrow in his turn-outs!  It is the fight for air competition, where they run to the top of the Wells Fargo Building as many times as they can in full firefighting gear!  He is super excited!  I am not sure if I will make it to take pictures or not, but we will see.  Jordon's sister and her family were in town this week.  I was only able to see them for a short time, but they looked so good.  Jordon was able to spend more time with them, and it sounded like he had a blast.  They are all so adorable, and I wish that they lived closer.  Reece and Porter, his sister's kids, are so cute and funny.  They make me laugh constantly when I see them.  Reece calls me "Britain" and Jordon "Jordy"  it is so adorable!
Finally, I broke our house for the first time.... big mistake.  I was pulling out of the garage, and accidentally backed up too soon.  All of a sudden I heard a loud crash!  Oh gosh, I had backed into the garage.  The damage is minimal, and you can barley tell that the garage was hit, but my heart is still broken that we haven't even owned this house for a week and I broke it!  Hopefully I will feel better about it soon, but it makes me sad every time I see it. 
I have been busy making up for lost time with the cards this week and have a few new ones to show off.  I made some thank you cards for my psychiatric teacher and the unit that I did my clinical hours on as well as Jordon has a co-worker whose wife is having a baby girl.  I love making baby cards, but don't get to do it very often, so it it quite a treat when I do get someone who needs one!

Thank You card for the Unit

Inside of card

All wrapped up!

Thank you card for my instructor.


Inside of card (some people had already signed it).

All wrapped up!

Baby Card for Reaggan and JJ.

Inside of card


All tied up.
So, we are going to be busy again next week as I start a new clinical rotation (Peds) I will love it, and Jordon continues to move stuff into our house.  But, we are loving life and having a great time as newlyweds!

xoxo Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment