Monday, March 12, 2012

Wedding Response Cards

The wedding craft of the week, is our response cards... I again, stamped them from the Letterpress in which I purchased, and hand inked every one.  I also stamped them with our monogram logo for our wedding on the back with our special custom made stamp (another blog posting).  And then had cute little brown envelopes to go with them.  However, this item gets a little special attention, as my darling, sweet, husband showed me that even the most simple wedding task of sending back a response card can be quite amusing and lift your spirit.  Here's the funny little story: The response cards for our wedding were addressed back to my parent's address.  One day my mother received a response that did not have a name on the name line, just a check in the box.  She called me in a panic... who was it from?  how many were coming?  how was she ever to figure this out?  A few days later, she received another response card that was exactly the same, no name.  She was beginning to get frustrated, as we needed an exact count for meals.  I brought the cards home to my husband, who proudly stated that they were probably from guys at the fire department.  He then stated so proudly, "you should be glad that they used a pen and didn't color all over it with their favorite crayon!"  I didn't think much of it, until we went over to his parents house the next Sunday and he asked his mom for one of the response cards.  She asked why and he stated, "because he wanted to send a response to the wedding."  Well, as we all know, one of my husbands many talents is his artistic ability, and he colored all over it, as well as putting his name on the line as "Both of Us".  I laughed for hours.  He then proceeded to send it in the mail, which in turn would arrive at my mother's house.  She called me the second it arrived.  She said, "we got a response today, and you have got to see this.... it is quite interesting, and I guarantee you it is from the fire department."  We went over to her house and finally told her that it was Jordon.  She got a good laugh as well as us.  That little card created so much happiness that surrounded the wedding.  We proudly displayed it at the wedding, as we will also display it in our home.  I love that little card.  Every time I look at it, that card makes me smile.  I never knew the simple pure joy of a piece of paper and a box of crayons until that card.  Needless to say, "Both of Us" showed up at the wedding, and "Both of Us" will live happily ever after with a little card sitting on a shelf in our home that started it all.
response card with envelope

response card

response card back and envelope front


my husbands cute response card


the back of the response card :)

xoxo Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment