Sunday, March 4, 2012

Climb, Work, Craft

Hmmm.... so the week has been interesting and I am a little on the tired side, but all in all, it hasn't been too bad.  I started my pediatric clinical rotations.  They put me on the ICS (immunocompromised services) unit.  The kids are really fun up there, but they are SUPER sick.  The kids either have cancer, or a platelet disorder, anemia, or are a transplant recipient of usually a new liver or kidney.  They always seem to bring a smile to my face, even though they are really sick.  The rest of school seems to just be busy work, but I am trucking along.  Hopefully I can make it one more week, and it will be spring break!
Work this week has been pretty crazy, and very humbling.  I saw a few angels receive their wings this past week, and while it breaks my heart, I know that they are watching over all of us and making sure that we safe.  I am so blessed to have a job that teaches me how to smile, laugh, cry, and pray, and rejoice all in one twelve hour shift.  I hope to be able to get a job at Primary Children's after I graduate.  It is such a special place, and filled with people who truly love what they do.
Jordon is so busy, he has been gone most of the week.  People always ask me what it is like to live with a husband who is as busy as I am.  I tell them, " I wouldn't know any different."  While sometimes it makes me sad that we are both gone so much and are so busy, I know that we are pursing our dreams, and maybe one day they will all pay off.  Jordon has been working hard to finish classes for his masters degree as well as finish moving all of our stuff into the house!  This past week he completed the Fight for Air Climb.  This is where the fire department puts on all of their fire gear, and races to the top of the Wells Fargo Building..... well my amazing husband completed all 23 stories in under 6 minutes....WOW.  Most days I can't believe what he accomplishes, I just hope that I can keep up with him as we get older.  I couldn't make it this day, so this picture was snagged by someone that works for the climb, but I spotted my adorable husband right in the middle.
My adorable husband with all of his buddies.


Jordon getting ready to climb!
The house....is coming along quite nicely.  We have moved everything out of my parents house except for Bella's stuff.  So, next up is Jordon's parent's house.  We are working on getting things put away, but it is taking longer than we expected, as the mattress currently resides in the family room :)  I am kinda hating mother nature, as she has held out on this snow business, and now our new house resides on top of a hill, where we get copious amount of that white fluff.  Here's a few pictures of our house with the two and a half feet of snow that I shoveled!  Horrible!  Thankfully, I was able to meet our neighbors, as he came over and offered to let me borrow his snow blower.  I however, do not operate those things well, but managed to clear most of the snow.  I told Jordon' that a snow blower would be a lovely gift for my up coming birthday :)  The last picture below is our neighbors right across the street.  While we may have a much better view than they do of Utah Lake, they only got about four inches of snow that stuck around in their yard.... the horribleness of your house facing north.  But, I wouldn't change our house location for even five more feet of snow... alright, I will shut my mouth now or I may have just jinxed myself. Our apartment still mostly has my stuff in it.  Of course I haven't been able to pack my crafts, but I will soon. 
Our House :)

My huge snow pile!

The 3 inch thick slab of ice that is covering our driveway, where I have run over it with my jeep :)


Neighbors House

Speaking of crafts.  This week I finished a few cards that were a long time coming, such as my friend Nicole's wedding in December (yes, I am a horrible friend!)  I am not caught up yet, but I am working on it.  She is such a cute girl, a great friend, and I hope she forgives me.  I also finally took pictures of our Christmas card for this year. I just loved it!  Making them was a bundle of fun as I found all sorts of vintage finds to past all over them. 
Christmas 2011

Inside of Christmas Card.

Nicole and Joel's Wedding Card


 
Inside of Nicole and Joel's Card



All Wrapped up, ready to send!


Hope you all enjoy yourselves this week, as I hope to make it though one more and then onto SPRING BREAK! 


xoxo Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment